Our lil' oil burner

titanman2789

New to the Cruze family here. Got a Chevy Cruze diesel this week. Just clocked over 500 miles on it. So far the dash is showing me an average of 45.5 mpg. That's with about 25%city/75%hwy (maybe 20/80 city/hwy). I haven't got through the first tank of fuel yet so I can't say exactly what it has been. With the interior, the myLink, appearance and the comfort, this was the best economy car on the market. Before buying this we test drove the Prius, Prius C, Subaru Impreza and Dodge Dart - I'm a Mopar fan and didn't really care for the Dart. This car is way more fun to drive than any of those.

70AARCUDA

"Welcome aboard!" Hopefully, you are NOT were all that rain has fallen...are you?

FWIW, another MoPar guy here, too, but now driving GM parts.

titanman2789

We're not in the flood plain so nothing to worry about but yes, it's been raining for 3 days straight. Still not enough for me to leave the Cruze at home for the 67 mile round trip to school. So far I've only driven the Cruze in rain. Last time it was sunny was on the test drive

06mistreSS

Welcome to the Forum.

Glad to see you picked a Chevrolet over a few other manufacturers. I myself looked into the Dart and Focus a little bit but the Cruze's design is better inside and out and the car is just better overall in my opinion; sounds like others see the same. Keep us updated on your mpg numbers with the diesel. I'm curious as to what you'll actually see over the long run; 45.5mpg is really good. The highest I've got to date with my LTZ RS (1.4L Turbo) is 35.6mpg; averaging 31mpg.

titanman2789

40.5 mpg average on first tank

First tank fill up did my mileage hand calculated came out to 40.5 mpg avg. The DIC was almost spot on with it's mileage report on the trip too. That was probably 70% hwy and 30% city. And I'm willing to pay the little bit extra for diesel to avoid owning a hybrid :). The Prius just did not connect you to the road in any way. The Cruze at least has a feel to it.

Oh yeah, I don't get tired of that diesel sound at the stop lights.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.