Console armrest too short

Doglover888

I test drove a 2013 Cruze today. I would've bought it if only it had 1 modification. The console needs to extend further. Even fully extended it does not work for me as an armrest. I'm only 5"4. If only that thing extended another 4 inches or so....I have carpal tunnel and must have a good armrest. Maybe this will get fixed with the 2015 model....

70AARCUDA

Did the salesperson show you that the armrest assembly can be slid forward and backward (roughly 3 inches)?

FWIW, most people complain the armrest "...slides..." backward too easily, not staying in the forward position.

06mistreSS

Honestly I wasn't even aware that the center console lid slides forward. I usually like to rest my right arm on the center console and shifter knob and the car's center console configuration is a bit awkward to do so. Maybe it'll be more comfortable with the console lid moved forward the extra couple inches? This has to be one of a few things I'm not so thrilled about with the car, although overall the car is great; more so just a few things that could be tweaked.

06mistreSS

I have had the console lid moved to the forward position for the past three months now and I can say it IS considerably more comfortable.

70AARCUDA

I have had the console lid moved to the forward position for the past three months now and I can say it IS considerably more comfortable.

How did you succed in "locking" it in the forward position? Our's keeps sliding backward at the slightest pressure or movement.

06mistreSS

How did you succed in "locking" it in the forward position? Our's keeps sliding backward at the slightest pressure or movement.

It doesn't lock but it stays forward pretty well. Mine must have more friction and a tighter grip on the "track" it rides on as I haven't had an issue with it sliding back unless I push it back on purpose.

70AARCUDA

Ours seems to "slid" back when you LOOK at it! There's basically no friction. Just putting your arm on top of it often causes it slid back.

Members online

No members online now.